Saturday, May 30, 2009

.Apple-kiwi-tinis and Other Stories.

Last night we went to what could be deemed as our local. Designed to resemble a house, we stalked past the living room, the library, the gamesroom and the kitchen and headed straight for the garden. The 'garden' happens to be half a hundred pairs of deckchairs on the beach, each couple illumiated by a single gargantuan candle.

I've developed the habit of asking bartenders to surprise me with cocktails (Rules: Strong, No Gin, No Orange, No Soda) and was delighted with an apple-kiwi-tini with a strawberry on the side. Half-way through, I looked up and saw the moon, crescent-shaped and ocre-hued and I realised how lucky we are. Beach, moon, cocktails... this is our local. It was magnificent. Life is so damn cool.

Oh and I'm aching all over and I can't decide whether it's because I danced my booty off, walked in painfully high heels or because I actually tried pilates the other day.

1 comment:

  1. i love a good cocktail :) i actually need to get back to my yoga class soon! i think i've lost all my flexibilty... how was pilates?

    ReplyDelete