Tuesday, March 31, 2009

.Musings.

I'm lying on my bed, in the pyjamas I've been wearing for almost two days. There are builders outside my window and the noise they are making is absolute electric... but not in a good way. God bless city noise.

Earlier on, I was gazing off into the distance, as you do, and I realised that I am seeing things differently today. I think this is rather exciting. Today the world seems grainy like an old photograph. I noticed what looked like the softest powder shimmering down. Then I realised that I could see it everywhere. I'm still seeing it. The world seems transparent somehow, as if everything is just layer upon layer of light.
I promise I'm sober. Unfortunately.

I've got a ticket to Brussels but I don't know if I should go anymore. My friend just found out he has a business trip on the exact same dates. No, he's not trying to avoid me. I'm happy to go around the city alone but... it's the Bob Dylan concert that's stressing me out. I got us tickets for Christmas and I just don't want to go alone. At first I thought, I'll meet people in line. Then I realised that I DON'T SPEAK FRENCH! Unless I'm just going to order food from them. Which seems a bit rude.

I think I may go back to uni next year. I miss London. Perhaps if I'm super-busy, I won't notice the weather this time. Anyway, I have months to think about. For now, I'm going to stay here because the summer is coming and I love summers in Greece! In February next year I'm going to go to Australia and work until July to spend some time with family and friends and then, perhaps, onto London again. or maybe I should go work in South America for a bit. If I do my masters, I'll need to save some serious cash. Oh pickle.

Thinking about this is moot. As long as I'm doing something and enjoying myself, who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment