Friday, April 03, 2009

,Pomegranates, Popcorn and Pearls.

There is a site called Authonomy which is aimed at helping writers get notice and, hopfully, published. I posted the first draft of my novel there the other day and so far the feedback has been... well, pretty perfect. If you're bored or looking for something new to read or just flat-out interested, feel free to wander over and have a look. I'm pretty sure you need to register first but then a whole new world of books opens up to you. The title of my novel is also the title of this post. If you like what you read, back me up dudes! Put me on the shelf! (The Authonomy shelf is not to be confused with the spinster shelf which has, I feel, a certain stigma clinging to it.)

On Sunday night I smelt the summer whispering to me in the honeysuckle air. It was divine. I felt light and happy. I have started sleeping with my limbs poking out of the covers and with the window open. The breezes are warmer and breathing seems thicker somehow. I love summer. My summers flow with watermelon and white dresses, heat-drenched sand, frappes, island hopping, ripe brown tans and wine and poker on balconies. Good morning summer.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, im so excited to hear about this website--i'm gonna have to check out your book! how amazing!

    ummm...your almost 25 and you've written a book, holy moly. that's saying something. but good luck with the list, nonetheless, i can't wait to see it!

    Ned (no worries about the question) is the name (euphemism) for my nasty little eating disorder. if you blog search ned at the top of my page you'll get a few posts that explain it pretty well

    happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete