Saturday, September 05, 2009

#3: Body and Soul

Dear Universe,

I just wanted to thank you for August. It wasn't the best month. In fact, it was the most awkward month of the year for me. I felt out of place, like a collage. My self-assurance just fizzled out...over-use I guess. No, I am thanking you for its sheer beauty.

You'd might like to know that issues with The Ex are stopping and starting like a much-loved jalopy that you know you should take to a nice farm. It is odd to want to be with someone you might not even like, to want to be with them even though you know they will break your heart. It is odd to know that you will always be in love with each other, but also that it will never work. Can't live with him, can't live without him, to the max. Did I say 'in love'? Take that with an ocean of salt. Everybody knows that this girl doesn't 'do' love. He reminds me why I avoid relationships. So why do I jump straight into him and his words? Did I say 'girl'? I meant to say 'woman'. Whether he agrees or not. Hey Universe, next time I fall in love, can you make sure it's a man who sees me as a woman and not a boy who thinks I'm a girl? Oh and one who isn't such a sexist little beast. While the irony of a feminist falling for a chauvinist may seem fucking hilarious to you but, personally, I find it a bit annoying.

My friend Echo ( who has a spectacular blog at www.hopedieslast.wordpress.com ) told me about some theory which suggests that falling in love has to do with one particular gesture or attitude. One little thing and we're stuck like a thief in a catflap. I know if I agree with that but it would explain a few things. The Ex and his damn kisses. It would be no exageration to say that I crave his affection.

Before I shut up, I'd like to promise you that my next letter will consist of more than The Ex. I am not a woman whose life revolves around men. Next time you shall read about alcohol, silk robes, the blues and my pathetic writing career.

Hope all's well in ...the milky way? Are you in the milky way or is it the other way round? If it is the other way around, what are you in?

Respectfully,
Alexia

2 comments:

  1. Fyi... October is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:27 pm

    Dear Alexia, I haven't heard from you in a while and am missing your entertaining correspondence. Please do let me know your thoughts on my performance over the last couple of months; I always enjoy hearing people's feedback!
    Warm wishes,
    (the) Universe

    :P

    ReplyDelete