Friday, November 20, 2009

.Smoky November Nights.

Dear Universe,

It is almost one in the morning and I should be asleep; story of my life.

So, August is long gone, and most of November too. You know this already, being the universe and all, but I'm well. I have my good days, my bad days, my in-between days, but all in all, I would have to admit that I am pretty content. Life is busy. I'm always broke and I've been acting like a ho, but it's all good in the 'hood as I would say if I were a product of my generation.

Having been infatuated with the freedom of youth since I turned 18, it seems strange to me to harbour sudden desires to grow up. No, I don't mean that I want to be mature and have little Lexi-spawn. Rather, I want to be a grown-up so that I can dress the way I want without being called a geriatric. Is it so wrong to want a life where I can wear cocktail dresses as casually as all-stars?!
Perhaps I should think about developing the whole 'maturity' thing a tad more.

I told The Ex to fuck off on Friday Unfortunately, I didn't say it like that. Still, message received and, the two times I ran into him (yeah, sure, NOW I run into him), he ignored me. Awesome. Still, do I care? Let's say no. Sure, I'll probably always be a bit crazy when it comes to him, blah blah, blah, but, for now, crisis averted, heart in tact. Besides, what served as my distraction to The Ex may be becoming the focus. So Universe, do you think I have the balls to like someone and let them like me back? Let's find out!

PS: May change this to a poetry blog. It's the only thing I write regularly.

1 comment:

  1. One post for November...COOL!!! Now remember, no more until Janurary (must skip December).

    Thanks for those 3 comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete